Wednesday 9 January 2019

Learning how to draw Story Beats using Post - It Notes - Cooking a Fried Egg

Story beats are drawings of the main scenes in a film, used to give the viewer a good idea of what to expect in them by telling the story in simple steps.

Here are my first attempts at drawing story beats from todays session of 'Creative Making'. I had to draw the beats for the steps in making a fried egg:

(The top post-it note in each image shows my original thoughts. The second post-it notes were drawn, thinking about camera angles and the final post-it notes were drawn, as if they were scenes from an action movie).







I edited my final action drawing in order to try and really bring it to life:


Additionally today, I was introduced to the 5 C's of Cinematography:

Camera Angles
Continuity
Cutting
Close Ups and
Composition

Cinematography is key to all films and involves actually shooting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment