Wednesday 3 October 2018

Drawing from Life

Today I completed my first session of life drawing. The first task included drawing from five different poses in 30 seconds and then drawing from five different poses in one minute. I found this first task very difficult as by the time I had drawn one part of the person, the time was up. This was just the warm up task to get the drawings to flow better when we completed the ten minute drawings.

I feel that I became much more successful when I started to do ten minute drawings. Also my tutor gave me the advice of measuring the models head using my pencil and then counting how many times her head measurement went into the rest of her body. Allowing me the potential to get the right proportions. After each slot of time, the model would change her stance/position.

Here are my ten minute drawings from this first session:







No comments:

Post a Comment